As with many events, we are disappointed that we are not able to run the awards as planned but instead, will be holding The Social Prescribing Network Awards 2021 as part of next years international conference which will be held online, 4th & 5th of March.
Check out the launch video on YouTube to hear about from our award sponsors.
Our awards programme, now in its second year, recognises and celebrates the wealth of innovative social prescribing projects and schemes running throughout the UK and internationally. This year we are expecting entries to reflect the challenges the social prescribing community has faced during the COVID-19 pandemic. Everyone involved in social prescribing has until Monday 25th January to enter the 2021 Social Prescribing Network awards.
The 2021 awards are:
1. Award for the Best Local Social Prescribing Project: smaller scale, local projects e.g. across a town or locality, that are well underway and helping people in the community.
Sponsored by Viridian Nutrition. Check out their video on why they support social prescribing.
2. Award for best Community-based Organisation in Social Prescribing: any type of community group or organisation that is associated with social prescribing pathways.
Sponsored by TCV National Lottery
3. Award for the Best Larger Social Prescribing Project: for larger projects created to make an impact across, for example, a county or clinical commissioning group, an integrative care partnership (ICP/ICS) or Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP).
Sponsored by Priority Digital Health
4. Award for the Best Children and Young People Social Prescribing Project: projects that have innovated social prescribing to support children and young people.
Sponsored by Simply Connect
5. Award for Most Inspirational Service User: a person who has benefitted from a social prescribing scheme and has gone on to either give back to the scheme, volunteer in another project or to set up their own enterprise or business.
Sponsored by NHS England and Improvement
6. Award for Innovator of the Year: a real innovator in social prescribing, who inspires others with their creativity, determination, humour and enthusiasm.
Sponsored by the South West Academic Health Science Network
7. Award for the Best International Social Prescribing Scheme: a project or initiative large or small underway anywhere in the world outside the UK, containing elements that are transferable to other countries and health systems.
Sponsored by the National Academy for Social Prescribing.
8. Award for Social Prescribing Link Worker of the Year: making a difference to people’s lives and going above and beyond; a person who has persevered through challenges, has made things happen and is great at encouraging colleagues and clients.
Sponsored by Elemental
9. Award for the Best Medical Student Social Prescribing Champion: supporting peers and medical professionals to understand more about social prescribing and its importance in medical education.
Sponsored by Social Prescribing Network
10. Award for the Best Nature Based Social Prescribing Project: large or small, urban or rural that are helping to support people’s health and wellbeing in your community.
Sponsored by the Department of Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
For more information and to enter visit https://chamberlaindunn.co.uk/projects/socialprescribingawards/
or contact Rachael Fisher at Chamberlain Dunn
0208 334 4500
You can see the full list of 2019 Winners’ Guide here.