THE SOCIAL PRESCRIBING YOUTH NETWORK (SPYN)
The SPYN remain committed to the continued development of the network, with new offers currently being planned ready to share in the coming months. Keep up to date by joining our network SPYN@streetgames.org
Social prescribing is recognised nationally as an “all-age service” but as yet, children and young people do not have equal access. This is what we are advocating for, and we need your support!
Joining SPYN is free and keeps you up to date with news, developments, resources, funding and training. SPYN members include Link Workers, voluntary and community organisations, social prescribing coordinators, commissioners, funders, GPs, youth workers, police officers, teachers, and researchers. What we have in common is a commitment to bringing social prescribing and its benefits to the younger generations.
Some of SPYN’s achievements since its launch in 2018:
- Winner of ‘Children & Young People Now’ Award 2021
- Finalist in ‘Royal Society for Public Health’ Health and Wellbeing Awards 2021
- £900k pilot delivered in Sheffield, Southampton, Luton and Brighton & Hove 2019-21
- Ground-breaking evaluation published
- Principles published in December 2020
- Co-applicant on major new research project
SPYN is coordinated by StreetGames, we harness the power of sport to create positive change in the lives of young people living in underserved communities right across the UK. StreetGames’ work helps to make young people and their communities healthier, safer and more successful.